PSG erase Mbappe’s existence…’replacement OUT’ after 6 months

Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) has already begun the process of erasing Kylian Mbappe from its roster.

The French club drew 1-1 at home against Stade Rennes in the 23rd round of the 2023-24 Ligue 1 season at Parc des Princes in Paris, France, on Saturday (Sept. 26), thanks to a Gonzalo Hamus penalty kick in second-half stoppage time.

It was an unsatisfactory performance. PSG dominated Rennes for 90 minutes, including 66%-34% possession and 15-3 in shots, but narrowly escaped defeat after conceding an early goal. With the point, PSG remains at the top of the table with 16 W, 6 D, 1 L, 54 points. The gap to second-place Brest is 11 points.

Ace Mbappe started as a central striker in a 4-3-3 formation, but was subbed off in the 20th minute after recording three shots.

He didn’t show his usual flashes of brilliance. His shots were either blocked by the defense or off target. He didn’t register a single shot on target. His dribbling wasn’t good either. In four attempts, he only succeeded once.

With Mbappe out of form, PSG had a difficult game. After conceding to Amine Guiry in the 33rd minute, they stretched the game to 60 minutes before Gonzalo Hamus, who came on for Mbappe in second-half stoppage time, converted a penalty to narrowly level the score.

In fact, it’s not often that Mbappe is subbed out during a game. Luis Enrique has started Mbappe full-time in almost every game this season. The last time Mbappe started and was subbed out was last September in the 6th round against Olympique Marseille. Enrique has been known to play Mbappe full-time whenever possible, even when he’s not performing well.

But this time, he took Mbappe off early. There was a reason. He has to get used to soccer without Mbappe.

In his post-match press conference, Enrique said, “We have to get used to playing without Mbappe,” according to France’s RMC Sport. Sooner or later, Mbappe will be gone from our side,” he said, adding, “If I think it is appropriate for a player to continue playing, he will play, if not, he will be replaced. I want to be as competitive as possible for next season,” he said, explaining the reasoning behind Mbappe’s departure.

“I want every player in this team to think it’s a good opportunity. Maximum competitiveness is what I’m looking for for this season and next season. I’ve already seen it in the players,” he added.

PSG left-back Luca Hernandez, who also plays alongside Mbappe in the French national team, added: “It’s the coach who manages the team. It’s up to him to make decisions. We are a great team with great players. It’s true that Mbappe can make a difference at any time, but it’s the manager’s decision to take players off. It’s up to us to keep going,” he said, emphasizing the need to get used to playing without Mbappe.

Mbappe, whose contract with PSG expires this summer, has already announced his intention to leave the club.

He has reportedly informed PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi and the 토토사이트 players of his intention to leave the club. Al-Khelaifi is willing to let Mbappe go, and the players are in good spirits and supportive of his future, French media reported recently.

The most likely destination is Spanish giants Real Madrid. “Mbappe has decided to join Real Madrid this summer,” the BBC reported, citing local French media. Mbappe has told PSG that he plans to leave the club in June when his contract expires,” reported the news of Mbappe’s decision to join Real Madrid.

“Mbappe has not yet signed a contract with Real Madrid, but could announce that he has done so if the two teams do not meet in the UEFA Champions League this season.”

Mbappe was promised a huge salary when he joined Real Madrid. It’s not as much as he would have earned at PSG, but it’s still a lot of money.

“Mbappe will sign a five-year contract with Real Madrid, earning €15 million a year, with a signing bonus of €150 million over five years,” the BBC explained, “and he will also retain a share of his likeness rights.”

“At Real, it has been customary since the Galactico days for the club and player to share the likeness rights on a five-for-five basis, but Mbappe will keep 80% of the rights and Real will keep the remaining 20%,” said Spain’s AS, “which, like the signing bonus, will act as a substitute for some of Mbappe’s higher salary.”

With these concrete reports, Mbappe’s move to Real is now a virtual certainty. PSG have already begun to erase Mbappe’s existence, as he will be gone after the summer. Mbappe is no longer an “untouchable” at PSG.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *